1925 - 2009

Services Scheduled

Services have been scheduled for Julia Ann Guddy:

3:00 p.m. Sunday, March 22 2009, Madonna della Strada Chapel on The University of Scranton campus

Reception to follow.

We will mourn the loss of Julia and celebrate her life. Maybe even with a few hands of 500 Rummy, so brush up on your game skills.

A Note of Thanks

Words cannot express my heartfelt thank you for all of the mass cards, sympathy cards, e-mails, letters and notes, flowers and food trays, and the hugs. I have good friends and I know Julia is happy for me.

Thank you,
Carol Ann

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Condolences

Condolences may be left here in the form of a comment.

4 comments:

  1. We tried hard, you and I, to get you well. In the end, your tired body couldn't take anymore and I had to let you go. Your sister, Rose, is taking my place now, and I am sure you are as beautiful as ever!

    I love you, Mom.

    Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching tribute. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia was my grandmother's roommate at Allied when she passed away in November. She was always concerned about her and asked how "AnnaMae" was doing every time we visited. She was a classy lady and we're very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Carol Ann. Mom mentioned the card to me when I told her about Julia's obituary. It was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Rose Violet Stanchis

Rose Violet Stanchis
12/10/1916 - 01/27/2009

Rose Violet Stanchis

Rose is the eldest of the three Lemish sisters: Rose, Helen and Julia. Less than 24 hours after her passing, Rose called her baby sister to join her.

The Rose Beyond the Wall

A rose once grew
where all could see,
sheltered beside a garden wall,
and, as the days passed swiftly by,
it spread its branches, straight and tall.

One day,
a beam of light shone through
a crevice that had opened wide --
the rose bent gently
toward its warmth
then passed beyond to the other side . . .

Now,
you who deeply feel its loss,
be comforted ---
the rose blooms there ---
its beauty even greater now,
nurtured by God's own loving care.

Adapted from an
American Greetings Classic (1932)

Copyright Gibson Greetings, Inc.
Cleveland, Ohio

James, Carol Ann, Julia

James, Carol Ann, Julia
I love you, Mom. Now you will never need to ask. You will always know what I am thinking.

Love,
Carol Ann

January 21 1945

January 21 1945

June 24 1965

June 24 1965

Wilmington, DE

Julia and Bill (brother-in-law)

Julia and Bill (brother-in-law)

Julia and James R. Garland

Julia and James R. Garland

Undated Photo

Undated Photo

From Ellie to Julia 2007

From Ellie to Julia 2007
and you just happen to be both. Love Ellie XOXO